Sunday, March 30, 2008

#15 Library & Web 2.0

Much content here with appropriate excitement! It's nice to know that there are more intelligent and future-oriented people out there that are dedicating themselves to ensuring that libraries will exist in the future though in a capacity very hard to grasp at times! All the articles were overflowing with concepts that really deserve much meditation.
I did actually add an RSS feed to Michael Stephens posts on everything library 2.0 and I'm looking forward to reading them.

I agree libraries are looking into the future and debating the direction they will take. I hate that Google has replaced us with quick and dirty answers that are many times misleading and inaccurate. I want libraries to keep the mantra of providing information and translate that into the virtual realm in whatever form that is. I hope I'm not too old or untrainable to meet the challenge. I feel my inability to wrap my brain around a lot of this training is an indicator of my future success to adapt. But then I encourage myself with the knowledge that I saw the usefulness of weblogs years ago when they were such a novelty and that each day I am taking a step toward this virtual space we are living in. I tell myself it's the journey that's the end not the means and so far I haven't fallen off the train...

No comments: